As a vegan I find breakfast to be the hardest meal of the day. In my non-vegan days I ate eggs practically every morning so I have been really struggling to find options that satisfy. After spending a weekend away and not being able to find any real breakfast options aside from fruit, it got me inspired to try my hand at making some vegan muffins.
I decided to make lemon blueberry muffins as they are a favourite of mine. Not only are these muffins great for breakfasts at home but they travel well and are perfect to pack along on a vacation or to grab on the go! Since getting Nova our mornings are a lot more rushed than they used to be so having something convenient to eat on the go has been a real lifesaver for me! Not only are these muffins super convenient, but they are very moist and have a lot of flavour too!
Here is my recipe:
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine the cashew milk and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Next, add in the oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Then, add in the zest and juice from the lemon as well as the blueberries, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking cups and bake for 25-30 minutes.
These muffins are super quick to whip up and taste really decadent. They’re so easy to grab and I have really enjoyed having them on hand for breakfasts!
Have you made vegan muffins before? What is your favourite kind to make?