The holidays are over and I have been trying to eat healthier. I have been mostly successful, aside from these brownies! In my defence, we had my parents over for dinner this past weekend and I wanted to serve a homemade dessert. I decided on brownies because they’re one of my all-time favourite baked treats and we already had everything I needed on hand.
These brownies are soft and super chocolatey. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to satisfy a chocolate craving, then look no further! Here is the recipe:
The Brownie Recipe You Need to Try If You Have a Chocolate Craving
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar Duncan Hines Chocolate Frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8x8 baking pan (I used coconut oil) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder; mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before adding the frosting and cutting them into 12 squares.
The brownies are really easy to make and taste amazing whether you decide to add frosting or not. I opted to just to make them feel a little more special for a dinner party, but either way they are super fudgy and delicious. They also save nicely for school/work lunches!